Value Match are looking to appoint an Assistant Procurement Consultant to join their growing procurement team on a permanent basis. This role will be in Bedford, hybrid working based (home working with a requirement to attend meetings at customer sites Bedford’s surrounding areas when required), with a salary of £20,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience).
We are looking for a driven individual who can support the delivery of our procurement solutions and build effective relationships with both customers and suppliers. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow their career in procurement and work across a variety of categories and projects.
You will join an existing procurement team, that has a strong focus on ethical and sustainable supply to provide the most effective solutions to our range of customers. As an Assistant Procurement Consultant, you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end procurement process on behalf of the customer and supporting the wider procurement team to deliver solutions which meets the needs of the customer. You will be involved in building supplier relationships and guiding them through the supplier onboarding process, ensuring we are engaging on a regular basis to fully understand a supplier’s service offering.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience of managing end to end procurement from documentation development through to contract award
- Experience of using e-procurement tools / systems
- Driven individual who is committed to learning and growing within an organisation
- Able to prioritise and manage workload effectively work across multiple projects
- Stakeholder engagement skills and able to build effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire to or currently working towards CIPS qualification
- Understanding of public sector procurement – desirable