Value Match are supporting a Public Sector Organisation to appoint a Procurement Officer on permanent basis with a starting salary of £37,000. This role is based across the South East of England with hybrid working with 2 days in the office.
The successful candidate will undertake procurement activities including market development, tendering, implementation, and monitoring of procurement contracts across the business as directed by the Head of the Department, as well as monitoring the over-arching ICT market, and key market suppliers in terms of performance and stability, highlighting and tracking risks where appropriate.
Candidates applying for this role should have the following experience:
- At least 5 years experience within a Public Sector Procurement team
- Good knowledge and understanding of contract law and the application of EU Public Procurement Regulations and legislation and operating framework agreements
- Good experience of translating business needs into commercial procurement strategies that drive enhanced business outcomes for the organisations as a whole
- Level 5 CIPS preferred but will consider applicants wanting to study towards this
- Experience or interest in ICT would be beneficial