Value Match are supporting a private sector procurement consultancy to appoint a Category Manager. This is a 12 month FTC opportunity based in Warrington with a salary of £27,000 - £37,000 on offer, dependant on experience.
The successful candidate will support the Senior Category Manager in the delivery of the category strategy plans and management of category spend to agreed timescales. To achieve the committed level of savings whilst, promoting best in class Procurement and the highest ethical and professional conduct behaviours to the end client.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience leading the delivery of multiple strategic sourcing and/or category management projects specifically in healthcare
- Working knowledge of Public Sector Procurement Rules including EU Procurement
- Strong Analytical and Negotiation skills of complex agreements/ frameworks
- Able to build and develop effective stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Financial knowledge – understanding key metrics assessing Supplier viability
- CIPS or degree educated preferred or demonstrable relevant experience